- Information that we collect from you and your use of this website.
- How we use your information
- How we handle the date submitted by you
- Links to external web sites
- How to contact us
When you visit this website, you may be asked to provide certain information about yourself, including your name and contact details.
1. Information that we collect from you and your use of this website
1.1. Information you give us
1.2. Automatic Information
We automatically receive and save certain tyles of information whenever you interact with this website. We use the information to monitor website traffic and to assist with the navigation and user experience of the website.
Information that we will automatically receive includes:
- Requested URL (Uniform Resource Locator)
- IP (Internet Protocol) address (this may or may not identify a specific computer)
- Domain name from which you access the internet
- Referring URL
- Software (browser/operating system) used to access the page
- Date and time pages were visited
Check your cookie settings
2. How we use your information
We may use and analyse the information we collect so that we can manage and improve the services on the website. Demographic and statistical information about user behaviour may be collected and used to analyse the popularity and effectiveness of the website. Any disclosure of this information will be in aggregate form and will not identify individual users.
GUUK will not (nor will it allow any third party to) use the statistical analytics tools to track or to collect personally identifiable information of visitors to this website. The University will not associate any data gathered with any personally identifying information from any source as part of our use of the statistical analytics tools.
3. How we handle the data submitted by you
3.1. Disclosure of your information
- Except as set out in this policy or as required by law, your personal data will not be provided to any third party without your prior consent
- The information you provide to us will be held on our servers and computers in the UK. It may be accessed by or given to third parties some of whom may be located outside the European Economic Area who act for us for the purposes set out in this policy or for other purposes approved by you. Those parties process information and may provide support services to GUUK or on GUUK’s behalf.
- Countries outside the European Economic Area do not always have strong data protection laws. However, we will always take appropriate steps to ensure that your information is used securely by third parties in accordance with this policy.
3.2. Monitoring use of GUUK systems
In order to protect the security and working of GUUK network and computer system, it may be necessary to monitor or log the use of these systems. If there are indications of abuse of systems or that individuals may be using systems in excess of their authority, files, messages and any or all uses of the systems may be intercepted, monitored, recorded, copied, audited, inspected and disclosed to authorised GUUK and law enforcement personnel.
4. Links to external websites
6. How to contact us.
Should the information we hold about you be incorrect, you can change and update your personal information and you can have your information corrected by contacting us.
Where requested, we will provide you with a readable copy of the personal data which we keep about you, by contacting us at the address below. We may require proof of your identity before supplying you with this information to ensure confidentiality.
Global University UK
180 Leylands Road