Global University is accredited by the following institutions:

Accredited by the Higher Learning Commission / Member of the North Central Association (NCA/HLC)  

Global University holds full member accreditation status with the Higher Learning Commission. This organization serves approximately 1,000 affiliated institutions of higher education. Many of these are respected colleges and universities such as The University of Chicago and The University of Notre Dame. There are also many excellent Christian colleges and seminaries including Wheaton College and Trinity International University (formerly Trinity Evangelical Divinity School).
This means that your Global University degree will be worth the time and effort you put into it. It is also important in terms of transferring credits.*

Address: 230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500 Chicago, IL 60604 
Telephone: (800) 621-7440

*Credit transfer is evaluated by each individual institution in their own terms, however, we will do our utmost to ensure your Global University credits are accepted upon your request to transfer to a different institution.

Reciprocity Agreements

Global University has been approved by the State of Missouri to participate in the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements. NC-SARA is a voluntary, regional approach to state oversight of postsecondary distance education.


Overseas Degree Equivalency

The UK government has produced a worldwide table of degree equivalency along with a methodology document. These documents assist applicants in making a judgement about the equivalent UK degree classification of an overseas qualification. The documents can be downloaded here.

A Bachelor of Arts US degree works on a ‘Grade Point Average’ (GPA) system which is scored out of 4. According to the UK government guidelines a Global University Bachelor of Arts degree with the following GPA results would be equivalent to UK awards as follows:

  • 3.7-4.0 GPA = 1st
  • 3.2-3.6 GPA = 2:1
  • 2.6-3.1 GPA = 2:2
  • 2.0-2.5 GPA = 3rd

We hope this guide helps you to know where you are in relation to the UK system but should you require further assistance you can contact us.