Successful completion of the Ministerial Studies Program should prepare the student for credentialing interviews and tests. The student will have mastered the basic Bible content (Old and New Testaments), theological principles, and practical ministry skills for service in a church leadership position. Please note: Ministerial credentials are issued by The General Council of the Assemblies of God, not by Global University. This program provides academic training, not ministerial recognition.
Upon completion of the Level One Ministerial Certificate, a student should possess a working knowledge of Bible study methods, New Testament content, and Pentecostal doctrine. He or she should possess the basic skills needed to begin serving in a ministerial role in the local church.
- BIB 114 Christ in the Synoptic Gospels
- BIB 121 Introduction to Hermeneutics: How to Interpret the Bible
- BIB 212 New Testament Survey
- BIB 214 Old Testament Survey
- MIN 171 A Spirit-Empowered Church: An Acts 2 Ministry Model
- MIN 181 Relationships and Ethics in Ministry
- MIN 191 Beginning Ministerial Internship
- THE 114 Introduction to Pentecostal Doctrine
- THE 142 Assemblies of God History, Missions, and Governance
- THE 211 Introduction to Theology
Upon completion of the Level Two Ministerial Certificate, a student should possess a mastery of specified Bible content, systematic theology, and ministry skills.
- BIB 115 Acts: The Holy Spirit at Work in Believers
- BIB 117 Prison Epistles
- BIB 215 Romans: Justification by Faith
- MIN 123 The Local Church in Evangelism
- MIN 223 Introduction to Homiletics
- MIN 251 Effective Leadership
- MIN 261 Introduction to Assemblies of God Missions
- MIN 281 Conflict Management for Church Leaders
- MIN 291 Intermediate Ministerial Internship
- THE 245 Eschatology: A Study of Things to Come
Upon completion of the Level Three Ministerial Certificate, a student should possess a mastery of several of the more difficult books of the Bible, advanced theological concepts, and administrative skills required for ministerial roles.
- BIB 313 The Corinthian Correspondence
- BIB 318 The Pentateuch
- BIB 322 The Poetic Books
- MIN 325 Preaching in the Contemporary World
- MIN 327 Church Administration, Finance, and Law
- MIN 381 Pastoral Ministry
- MIN 391 Advanced Ministerial Internship
- THE 311 Prayer and Worship